2018 STIHL FS 131
An improved and powerful bike-handle trimmer made for professional use, featuring great power and efficiency.
Landscaping professionals looking for a simplified and convenient trimming solution will love the STIHL FS 131 trimmer. With its low-emission, 36.3 cc engine and a larger fuel tank than the previous model, the FS 131 delivers 30% longer run times. Its bike-handle design includes rubberized grips for enhanced grasp and comfort. The trimmer also features one touch stop and an easy, three-step starting procedure enabled by the semi-automatic choke lever. All of that, plus an improved air filtration and STIHL exclusive IntelliCarb™ technology. The cherry on top? The solid steel drive shaft accepts a wide range of heavy-duty cutting heads, including metal blades.
- Reduced-Emission Engine Technology - Caring for Nature: The STIHL Inc. “Caring for Nature" seal identifies its powered products that are more environmentally conscious, producing zero or low exhaust emissions. STIHL Inc. defines “low exhaust emissions" as being cleaner than EPA and/or CARB exhaust emission standards.
- Built in the USA: Indicates products that are built in the United States from domestic and foreign parts and components.
- Shoulder Strap / Carrying System: Using a shoulder strap or carrying system helps distribute the weight of the equipment for increased operator comfort and improved maneuverability.
- Fully Lined Drive Shaft: Provides smooth operation and less vibration.
- High Tech Polymer Housing: Housings are lightweight, withstand greater impact and are corrosion-resistant.
- Protected Choke Lever/Knob: Helps prevent damage.
- Bike Handle: When used in conjunction with a harness, the bike handle allows the machine to be easily guided, enabling a smooth horizontal mowing action to cover large areas quickly and efficiently. With soft grips for increased comfort, the bike handle provides greater control and helps reduce operator fatigue.: See it in action!
- Multi-Function Control Handle: Having easy access to all of the controls on one comfortable handle makes it easy to complete tasks so the operator's hand never has to leave the handle.
- Start/Run/Stop Controls on Handle
- Throttle Trigger Interlock: Must be depressed before the trigger can be activated.
- Protected or Enclosed Control Cables: Eliminate dangling and loose wires.
- Air Filter Cover: Easily removed for fast and easy filter cleaning or replacement.
- Heavy-Duty Steel-On-Steel Clutch: Centrifugal clutch is designed to reduce slippage.
- Protected Spark Plug: Protected yet easy to change.
- Protected Spark Arrestor Muffler: Has large baffles which reduce noise level and contains a screen designed to reduce the emission of sparks.
- Upright Translucent Fuel Tank: Allows operator to easily check fuel level before starting work. Upright position makes it easier to refill.
- Displacement: 36.3 cc (2.2 cu. in.)
- Engine Power: 1.4 kW (1.9 bhp)
- Weight*: 5.8 kg (12.8 lb.)*
- Fuel Capacity: 710 cc (24.0 oz.)
- Power Source: Gas
- 1.9 bhp (1.4 kW)
- 2.2 cu. in. (36.3 cc)
- 12.8 lb. (5.8 kg)