Toro 42" (107 cm) TimeCutter® SS4200 (74720)
Featuring Smart Speed® Steering Control System
This TimeCutter® SS4200 zero turn mower features a 42" mowing deck, 452cc Toro engine, 15" high back seat, along with Smart Speed® control system -- giving you greater control of speed and maneuverability.
- 452cc Toro Engine
- 42 in (107 cm) Mowing Deck is perfect for mowing in tight areas with many trees and landscaping
- Smart Speed® control system lets you choose from 3 ground speeds for optimal performance - trim, tow or mow.
- 3-Year Limited Warranty - No Hour Limitations
- Toro 452cc Engine: The Toro 452cc engine provides dependable performance and reliable starting with full pressure lubrication and spin-on oil filter.
- Heavy Duty Rear Engine Guard: This heavy duty steel guard protects the engine from branches and debris as you nimbly maneuver around your lawn.
- 3-Gallon (11.4 Liter) Fuel Capacity: The TimeCutter SS and TimeCutter MX feature a large 3-gallon (11.4 Liter) fuel tank for more mowing with fewer fill-ups. Knowing when to fill up is simple thanks to the translucent tank, which also helps to prevent overfilling.
- 42" (106.7 cm) Mowing Deck: Toro's four inch (10.2 cm) deep, top discharge deck design provides superior cutting performance in all conditions. Anti-scalp wheels allow the deck to float over the turf and reduce scalping. Create your own natural fertilizer by adding a Recycling Kit® or make yard clean-up a snap with an optional Twin Bagging system.
- Washout Ports: Deck washout ports (1 on the 32" (81 cm) and 42" (106.7 cm) decks, 2 on the 50" (127 cm) decks) create a pressure washer under your deck providing quick cleaning, maintaining optimum airflow for optimum cutting performance.
- Heavy Duty 10 Gauge Unibody Steel Frame: The lower the gauge, the thicker the metal. That is why we use heavy duty 10 gauge steel. The unibody steel frame provides the optimal balance in rigidity and flexibility for quick, highly maneuverable mowing conditions.
- Hitch Kit Standard: Hitch kit comes standard on all 2015 TimeCutter models. It's easy to increase the versatility of your zero turn mower by attaching a dump cart, de-thatcher, fertilizer spreader or any other Brinly Hardy attachments. (Attachments sold separately.)
- Smart Speed® Control - Trim, Tow, Mow: Toro’s Smart Speed® control system lets you choose from three ground speed ranges for optimal performance. Use low TRIM range to trim closer for maximum time savings, choose medium TOW range for towing attachments, or select high MOW range to mow large open areas and finish quickly.
- Save on Average 45% of your Mowing Time: The Toro TimeCutter cuts your mowing time almost in half*, which means less work for you and your mower. You’ll not only have more time to enjoy, you’ll extend the working life of your mower. (*Time savings by yard size are from 2008 – 2012 survey results for Toro residential zero-turn mowers, as reported by owners.)
- Automatic Parking Brake: Automatically engaged when the control arms are moved outward. Simplifies operation by eliminating a separate parking brake.
- Dual Hydrostatic Drive System: Independent hydrostatic drive systems provide responsive maneuverability and zero turning capabilities. These independent drives are anchored to Toro's unibody frame and reinforced with a cross member for lasting durability and performance.
- High Back Seat: When you're mowing for an extended period, there's no substitute for a good seat. The 15" (38.1 cm) high back seat offers premium support during longer mowing sessions.
- Non-Slip, Easy-to-Clean Floor Pan: The pierced floor pan is perfect for homeowners who like their mower to look as nice as their lawn. Simply hose down the floor pan after each use and keep your TimeCutter looking as good as new. The non-slip pierced extrusions also provide an additional measure of safety.
- 3-Year Limited Warranty - No Hour Limitations: Product is warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for three years without an hour limitation. See owner’s manual for complete warranty details.
- Engine: 452cc Toro Engine
- Fuel Capacity: 3 gal. (11.4 L)
- Cup Holder: Standard
- Deck Design: 42 in. (107 cm) 2-blade
- Engine Horsepower: 452cc
- Engine Construction: OHV, Full Pressure Lubrication with Spin-On Oil Filter, Cast Iron Cylinder Liner, Dual Element Air Cleaner
- Engine Displacement: 452cc
- Ground Speed: Max Speeds - Trim = 3mph (5.5 kph), Tow = 5 mph (8 kph), Mow = 7 mph (11.3 kph)
- Height: 45.3 in. (115.1 cm)
- Height of Cut: 1.5 in. (3.8 cm) - 4.5 in. (11.4 cm)
- Hour Meter: Optional
- Hydraulic Dampeners: Standard
- Length: 71.8 in. (182.4 cm)
- Seat: 15 in. (38.1 cm) High Back
- Steering Controls: Dual Wrap Around Levers
- Tires: 11 in. x 4 in. (25.4 cm x 10.2 cm) Front; 18 in. x 7.5 in. (45.7 cm x 19.1 cm) Rear
- Tool Box: Standard
- Transmission: Dual Hydrostatic
- Washout Port: Standard
- Warranty: 3-Year Limited
- Width: 45.3 in. (115.1 cm) Deflector Up / 53.8 in. (136.7 cm) Down
- Brinly-Hardy Attachments: Standard hitch pulls a variety of premium Brinly-Hardy attachments, such as a cart, lawn sweeper, dethatcher, aerator and sprayer. See your local Toro dealer for details.
- Foot Assist Height of Cut System: Allows you to quickly and easily raise the mowing deck while mowing to avoid scalping and can also be used to lift the mowing deck while changing height of cut positions.
- Anti-Vibration Floor Mat: This newly designed rubber floor mat is a great addition to your TimeCutter mower. Reduces vibration and dampens deck noise during mowing.
- Cargo Carrier: The cargo carrier is perfect for homeowners that need hauling capabilities for mulch, soil, garden tools and other items for working the yard. No "jack knifing" and it's easy to store. Model 79030 - Cargo Carrier. You'll also need weight kit - model 79031 (*Fits TimeCutter model years 2011 and newer.)
- Hourmeter: Keep your mower in peak condition with an hourmeter for determining when to service.
- Twin Bagger: Pick up lawn clippings, leaves, and debris quickly with our Twin Bagger. Our twin baggers have a 6.5 bushel (8 cubic feet) capacity.
- Recycler Kit: Cut more grass in less time and improve the health of your lawn. Toro’s innovative Recycler® mulching system minces grass clippings into fine particles and puts them back into your lawn giving you a healthy, lush looking yard.
- Sunshade: Blocks the sun keeping you cool and comfortable on those hot summer days.
- Engine Manufacturer
- Engine Type
- OHV, Full Pressure Lubrication with Spin-On Oil Filter, Cast Iron Cylinder Liner, Dual Element Air Cleaner
- Dual Hydrostatic
- Wheel Size
- Front: 11 in. x 4 in. (25.4 cm x 10.2 cm); Rear: 18 in. x 7.5 in. (45.7 cm x 19.1 cm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 3 gal. (11.4 L)
- Deck Size
- 42 in. (107 cm)
- Discharge Type
- Side; Optional: Mulch, Bag