Toro 42" (107 cm) TimeCutter® SS4260 (74626)
Featuring Smart Speed® Steering Control System
The TimeCutter® SS4260 features a 21.5 hp 726cc Kawasaki V-Twin engine and a 42" mowing deck with convenient washout port for cleaning under the deck.
The SS4260 also features Smart Speed® control system -- giving you greater control of speed and maneuverability. Shift to Mow & Go™ for a higher speed range to cut large, open areas quickly or to drive from one end of your yard to the other. Shift to Trim & Tow™ for a slower speed range with more precise control for trimming around delicate areas or for properly pulling attachments.
- 21.5 hp (16 kw) 726cc Kawasaki V-Twin Engine
- 42 in (107 cm) Mowing Deck is perfect for mowing in tight areas with many trees and landscaping
- Smart Speed® Control System gives you greater control of speed and maneuverability for cutting grass and pulling attachments
- 3-Year Limited Warranty - No Hour Limitations
- Kawasaki Engine: Kawasaki® engines provide smooth, quiet and powerful performance.
- Heavy Duty Rear Engine Guard: This heavy duty steel guard protects the engine from branches and debris as you nimbly maneuver around your lawn.
- 3-Gallon (11.4 Liter) Fuel Capacity: The TimeCutter SS and TimeCutter MX feature a large 3-gallon (11.4 Liter) fuel tank for more mowing with fewer fill-ups. Knowing when to fill up is simple thanks to the translucent tank, which also helps to prevent overfilling.
- 42" (106.7 cm) Mowing Deck: Toro's four inch (10.2 cm) deep, top discharge deck design provides superior cutting performance in all conditions. Anti-scalp wheels allow the deck to float over the turf and reduce scalping. Create your own natural fertilizer by adding a Recycling Kit® or make yard clean-up a snap with an optional Twin Bagging system.
- Washout Ports: Deck washout ports (1 on the 32" (81 cm) and 42" (106.7 cm) decks, 2 on the 50" (127 cm) decks) create a pressure washer under your deck providing quick cleaning, maintaining optimum airflow for optimum cutting performance.
- Foot Assist Height of Cut System: Allows you to quickly and easily raise the mowing deck while mowing to avoid scalping and can also be used to lift the mowing deck while changing height of cut positions.
- Heavy Duty 10 Gauge Unibody Steel Frame: The lower the gauge, the thicker the metal. That is why we use heavy duty 10 gauge steel. The unibody steel frame provides the optimal balance in rigidity and flexibility for quick, highly maneuverable mowing conditions.
- Hitch Kit: Add a hitch kit and increase the functionality of your Z. Tow a cart, de-thatcher, fertilizer spreader, etc. (Attachments sold separately.)
- Anti-Vibration Floor Mat: This newly designed rubber floor mat is a great addition to your TimeCutter mower. Reduces vibration and dampens deck noise during mowing.
- Dual Hydrostatic Drive System: Independent hydrostatic drive systems provide responsive maneuverability and zero turning capabilities. These independent drives are anchored to Toro's unibody frame and reinforced with a cross member for lasting durability and performance.
- Smart Speed® Control System: Shift it to Mow & Go™ for higher speed range to help finish cutting large, open areas quickly or to drive from one end of your yard to the other. Shift it to Trim & Tow™ for a slower speed range with more precise control for trimming around delicate areas or for properly pulling attachments.
- Save on Average 45% of your Mowing Time: The Toro TimeCutter cuts your mowing time almost in half*, which means less work for you and your mower. You’ll not only have more time to enjoy, you’ll extend the working life of your mower. *Time savings by yard size are from 2008 – 2012 survey results for Toro residential zero-turn mowers, as reported by owners.
- Automatic Parking Brake: Automatically engaged when the control arms are moved outward. Simplifies operation by eliminating a separate parking brake.
- Precision Steering System: Control lever dampeners provide smooth drive engagement to prevent jerky operation and sudden starts and stops. Thick, padded control levels allow you to keep in control and ride in comfort.
- Extra Tall Seat: When you're mowing for an extended period, there's no substitute for a good seat. The 18" (45.7 cm) extra tall high back seat offers maximum support during longer mowing sessions.
- Hourmeter: Keep your mower in peak condition with an hourmeter for determining when to service.
- Non-Slip, Easy-to-Clean Floor Pan: The pierced floor pan is perfect for homeowners who like their mower to look as nice as their lawn. Simply hose down the floor pan after each use and keep your TimeCutter looking as good as new. The non-slip pierced extrusions also provide an additional measure of safety.
- 3-Year Limited Warranty - No Hour Limitations: Product is warranted against defects in materials and workmanship for three years without an hour limitation. See owner’s manual for complete warranty details.
- Engine: 21.5 hp (16 kW) 726cc Kawasaki V-Twin Engine
- Fuel Capacity: 3 gal. (11.4 L)
- Anti-Scalp Wheels: 2 - Standard
- Cup Holder: Standard
- Deck Design: 42 in. (106.7 cm) 2-blade
- Engine Horsepower: 21.5 hp (16 kW) 726cc
- Engine Construction: Forced Air-Cooled V-twin 4-cycle Vertical Shaft OHV
- Ground Speed: Mow & Go™ (F/R) - 7 mph (11.3 kph) / 3 mph (5.5 kph); Trim & Tow™ (F/R) - 4 mph (6.4 kph) / 1.7 mph (2.7 kph)
- Height: 40.3 in. (102.4 cm)
- Height of Cut: 1.5 in. (3.8 cm) - 4.5 in. (11.4 cm)
- Number of Blades: 2
- Hour Meter: Standard
- Hydraulic Dampeners: Standard
- Length: 73.1 in. (185.7 cm)
- Seat: 18 in. (45.7 cm) Extra Tall, Adjustable
- Steering Controls: Dual Wrap-Around Levers
- Tires: 11 in. x 4 in. smooth (27.9 cm x 10.2 cm) Front; 18 in. x 7.5 in. (45.7 cm x 19.1 cm) Rear
- Tool Box: Standard
- Transmission: Dual Hydrostatic
- Washout Port: Standard
- Warranty: 3-Year Limited
- Wheels: 2 - Standard Anti-Scalp
- Width: 45.3 in. (115.1 cm) Deflector Up / 53.8 in. (136.7 cm) Down
- Brinly-Hardy Attachments: Standard hitch pulls a variety of premium Brinly-Hardy attachments, such as a cart, lawn sweeper, dethatcher, aerator and sprayer. See your local Toro dealer for details.
- Cargo Carrier: The cargo carrier is perfect for homeowners that need hauling capabilities for mulch, soil, garden tools and other items for working the yard. No "jack knifing" and it's easy to store. Model 79030 - Cargo Carrier. You'll also need weight kit - model 79031 *Fits TimeCutter model years 2011 and newer.
- Adjustable Armrests: Provide operator comfort when mowing for extended periods and easily adjust for any operator.
- Twin Bagger: Pick up lawn clippings, leaves, and debris quickly with our Twin Bagger. Our twin baggers have a 6.5 bushel (8 cubic feet) capacity.
- 42" (106.7cm) Recycler® Mulch Kit: Add the Toro Recycler mulching kit and create your own natural fertilizer. This patented system cuts grass clippings 6-8 times turning them into a fine nutrient-rich mulch to feed your lawn all season. The secret lies in the unique 'kickers' and baffles that direct clippings back into the blades to be re-cut before being released into your lawn.
- Sunshade: Blocks the sun keeping you cool and comfortable on those hot summer days.
- Engine Manufacturer
- Horse Power
- 21.5 hp (16 kW)
- Engine Type
- Forced Air-Cooled V-twin 4-cycle Vertical Shaft OHV
- Dual Hydrostatic
- Wheel Size
- Front: 11 in. x 4 in. (27.9 cm x 10.2 cm); Rear: 18 in. x 7.5 in. (45.7 cm x 19.1 cm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 3 gal. (11.4 L)
- Deck Size
- 42 in. (106.7 cm)
- Discharge Type
- Side; Optional: Bag, Mulch